Recently, Ally Carter has participated in a couple twitter chats to promote her new series, Embassy Row, and I thought I’d share with you all of my questions she answered. Ally Carter is the author of I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You, Heist Society, and All Fall Down. This is the first in a series of author Q&As I’ll be posting.
- Jordan: Which character are you the most like?
- Ally Carter: I’m 1/3 Cam, Kat, & Grace.
- J: Who are your favorite minor characters to write?
- AC: I’m a sucker for a fun crew of sidekicks and heart all of mine.
- J: Which character do you love to hate?
- AC: I have a love/hate relationship with Grace’s grandpa.
- J: Which YA protagonist (from any series) do you think would get along best with Grace?
- AC: Grace has so many issues, she would have a hard time making friends.
- J: Which characters would you want in the trench with you? Left side (strongest), right side (smartest), & behind you (who you trust the most “to have your back”).
- AC: I think all my characters are pretty good in the trenches! I’d take any of them.
- J: Did Megan’s mom attend Gallagher? I totally think so even though we’ve met her yet.
- AC: You never know…
- J: Please tell me there will be more Alexei/Grace in Embassy Row 2.
- AC: You mean skinny dipping? Because there may be skinny dipping.
- J: Will you release any deleted scenes from All Fall Down?
- AC: There are some bonus scenes available now!
- J: Did you know AFD’s major plot turner from the beginning or was it a surprise that came while writing?
- AC: It came while writing & then it took awhile to commit
- J: You’ve said you’d like to write more, but do you have an actual idea/direction for a 4th Heist Society?
- AC: I know exactly what it would be
- J: Which book was the hardest to write?
- AC: Sequels are always the hardest. Always.
- J: Which cover is your favorite?
- AC: I kinda love the Aussie All Fall Down.
- J: Do you watch the 100?
- AC: I do!
- J: Were you able to see The DUFF yet? I thought it was super cute & funny!
- AC: Not yet! Hopefully tomorrow if the snow/ice holds off.
Thanks for answering all my questions, Ally. These twitter chats are always fun. Be sure to check out her new book, All Fall Down, in stores now.
Jordansays:July 2, 2015 at 5:04 PM
I love Ally Carter! Great interview!
Jordansays:July 26, 2015 at 4:57 PM
Thank you! Ally’s one of my favorite authors! It was her books that got reading YA!