- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Darby’s 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite genre?
YA, of course! I know it’s not always considered a genre, so more specifically, I would say YA contemporary romance or thrillers/mysteries.
2. What was your favorite book when you were in elementary school?
My favorites were the Nancy Drew books. Out of the original series, I remember really liking The Mystery at Lilac Inn. I also LOVED the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery series, especially the books where Nancy and Frank had flirty interactions because hello, FIRST OTP (I was shipping them before I even knew what shipping was).
3. What was the last movie you saw?
The Bodyguard! The last movie I saw in theaters was Spider-Man: Homecoming.
4. What is the worst book you’ve read so far this year?
Uh, I guess the novella Locked by Rebecca Serle—it’s a prequel-ish novella to the Famous in Love series. It was a cool idea because it’s supposed to be the “book” that’s being adapted into a movie in the series, but there wasn’t really substance to it.
5. White, milk, or dark chocolate?
By itself, milk chocolate. However, one of my favorite snacks is dark chocolate covered pretzels!
6. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
Mid-series cover changes. A little piece inside me dies when my books don’t match up on my shelf.
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love interacting with authors and other bloggers on Twitter about the books I love!
8. What is your lucky number?
9. What books are currently on your nightstand?
So many! The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas, The Duke of Bannerman Prep by Katie A. Nelson, It Started with Goodbye by Christina June, The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, Zodiac by Romina Russell, The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig, The 1oo Rebellion by Kass Morgan, and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
10. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
Tiana! But also Mulan! And Moana, too!
11. If you could only bring 3 books with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
Oh gosh, even though I would like to bring my favorites, all three would need to be survival guides.
My 11 Questions:
- What book got you hooked on reading?
- When did you begin your blog?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your Hogwarts house?
- Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
- Favorite book read in 2017?
- What’s one book you bought because of the cover?
- Who are some of your auto-buy authors?
- What’s one movie/tv show adaptation you liked better than the books?
- What’s your most anticipated release for the rest of the year or 2018?
- What are you currently reading?
- Karina @ 24hr. YA Book Blog
- Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover
- Elise @ Roaming Reader
- Karina @ Afire Pages
- Em @ Keystroke Blog
- Britt @ Geronimo Reads
- Taylor @ Taylor is Reading
- Chels @ Usher’s Library
- Jessica @ The Mortal Jessica
- Sheila @ She’s Going Book Crazy
- Gryffindor Books
I don’t really know who has done this award yet, so feel free to do it if you want and no pressure if you don’t!