* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Write a post to show your award.
* Give a brief story of how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
* Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Began
I began blogging at the beginning of March in 2015. I actually started blogging after my dad’s recommendation. He’d been suggesting it for over a year before I finally gained the courage to start my own blog. I was reading over 100 books a year at that time (oh, how nice it was to be in high school and have the time to do this) and my dad thought I should write reviews of what I was reading. I had a bookish twitter and tumblr account already where I was plugged into the YA book community, but I was nervous at first about sharing my writing and opinions, which is why it took me so long to finally take the leap. But I did and here I am over two years later!
Advice for New Bloggers
First, don’t stress about blogging! If you’re doing this for the right reasons, it should be a fun outlet for you to discuss books with others. Don’t worry about posting if you’re away on a trip or stressed about school, work, or life in general. Trust me, everybody understands and won’t hold it against you.
Second, be careful about what you request when you start to request ARCs (off of NetGalley or from the publisher directly). It’ll save you a lot of time and energy if you only request books you actually want to read or think you might like. Also remember to be thankful for the books you receive as ARCs are not a right.
- Karina @ 24hr. YA Book Blog
- Lefty @ The Left-Handed Book Lover
- Elise @ Roaming Reader
- Karina @ Afire Pages
- Em @ Keystroke Blog
- Britt @ Geronimo Reads
- Taylor @ Taylor is Reading
- Jessica @ The Mortal Jessica
- Maggie @ The Caramel Files
- Simant Verma @ Flipping Thru the Pages
- Layla @ Readable Life Blog
- Liv @ Liv’s Bookish Life
- Jackie @ Bookworm Cafe
- Jonathan @ Gryffindor Books
- Caro @ Mint Coloured Pages
I don’t really know who has done this award yet, so feel free to do it if you want and no pressure if you don’t!