Thank you, Avalinah from Avalinah’s Books, for nominating me for the The Sunshine Blogger Award! 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Fantasy or scifi? Why?
Fantasy. I haven’t really read any scifi novels, but I would like to read more so hit me up with your recs.
2. Do you always read alone, or sometimes with others?
Mostly alone, but I definitely do read with others as I’ll often work on reading assignments in the company of my friends. My high school best friend and I used to each read our separate books while we hung out.
3. Hogwarts house!
Gryffindor! Although when I took the original Pottermore quiz, I got Slytherin. I got Gryffindor when I took it again after the update…so I guess I’m a Slytherdor?
4. Do you have any weird hobbies, aside from reading?
My hobbies really are reading and blogging. I played basketball in high school, but I don’t play anymore. I love to play board games with my friends/family and listen to musicals.
5. Did you watch Sailormoon as a kid?
I did not.
6. Do you schedule your posts in advance?
Sometimes. If it’s a tour post, I usually have to since I live on the west coast. Fun fact, I’m scheduling this post in advance!
7. Have you ever been on a blogging hiatus, and if so – why?
Nothing official, but there have been times when I just don’t post often due to the busyness of school and life. I took a month long trip over the summer after I graduated from high school a couple years ago and didn’t blog or schedule anything during that time.
8. Your favorite [mythological or not] character from a book?
Ugh, it’s hard for me to choose favorites.
9. Your favorite friendship from a book?
SO many! Lucky for you, I wrote a post about this last year 😉 Read it here! One of my most favorites is Verity and Maddie from Code Name Verity.
10. Was there ever a story that you feel you’ll never forget the experience of reading? Which one?
I don’t know about never forgetting the experience of reading, but the Nancy Drew Mysteries were the books that made me fall in love with reading.
11. Do you like doing tags? 😀
I love doing them, especially the ones that force me to choose a book.
- Do you read multiple books at once?
- What “required reading” book did you enjoy reading the most in school?
- Do you like romance in books?
- What’s you Hogwarts house?
- Do you like reading outside?
- Do you have any pets?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
- Do you like to write?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Are you a fast reader?
- What was the first book that you fell in love with?
- Layla @ Readable Life
- Shelia @ She’s Going Book Crazy
- Maggie @ The Caramel Files
- Simant @ Flipping Thru the Pages
- Caro @ Mint Coloured Pages
- Jackie @ The Bookworm Cafe Blog
- Erin @ Bluestocking Bookworm
- Shawn @ The Bookish Librarian Blog
- Sarah @ Book Hooked Nook
- Ashleigh @ For the Love of Books
- Cassie @ Cassie Winters, Unconventional Book Blogger
Feel free to do it if you want and no pressure if you don’t! I found most of your blogs in our Goodreads chat and tried to choose bloggers who had not been tagged for this yet!
Evelinasays:October 6, 2017 at 1:11 PM
Thanks for answering! If you stick around on my blog till November, you’re going to get a lot of sci-fi recs! Cause I’m participating in Sci-Fi Month 2017 🙂
Oh cool, you played basketball! That’s the national sports of my country xD it’s true! We always end up fighting America for gold in the Olympics and stuff. We mostly get silver xD but it’s such a tough sport. I must only feel that way cause I’m tiny though 😀
And I aaaaalways read multiple books at once 🙂
Jordansays:October 6, 2017 at 2:24 PM
Yay, I’ll definitely check out your sci-fi recs!! 😀
The Sunshine Blogger Award – Between The Pagessays:October 7, 2017 at 11:35 AM
[…] from The Heart of a Book Blogger nominated me for the The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much for that […]
Jordansays:October 7, 2017 at 11:54 AM
Yay! I loved reading your answers! 😀
Tag Monday | Getting to Know You Better Tag - Flipping Thru the Pagessays:October 9, 2017 at 5:33 AM
[…] Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger […]
Jordansays:October 9, 2017 at 8:58 AM
Thanks for tagging me! 🙂
Darque Dreamersays:October 10, 2017 at 12:31 PM
Congrats on the award! <3
Jordansays:October 10, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Thank you! 🙂
Sim @Flipping Thru the Pagessays:October 15, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Thank you for nominating me 🙂 I loved your answers!
Jordansays:October 15, 2017 at 1:17 PM
Thanks, Sim! I look forward to reading yours! 🙂
Tag Monday | The Sunshine Blogger Award | Make it double!! - Flipping Thru the Pagessays:October 23, 2017 at 12:30 AM
[…] for The Sunshine Blogger Award by two lovely ladies – Emma @ Reading Through the Night and Jordan @ The Heart of a Book Blogger. Thank you, both of you I love doing award questions ad I have attempted my best to answer the […]
Jordansays:October 23, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Yay! I loved reading your answers!
The Sunshine Blogger Awardsays:February 9, 2018 at 9:02 AM
[…] Thank you, Jordan from The Heart of a Blogger for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! […]
Jordansays:February 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM
I loved reading your answers!! 😀
Sunshine Blogger Award – For The Love of Books Blogsays:February 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM
[…] be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, not once, but twice! Thank you very much to Sarah and Jordan for the nominations, I can’t wait to answer your questions! Be sure to check out their […]
Jordansays:February 17, 2018 at 1:06 PM
I loved reading your answers!