My eleventh author Q&A feature Marie Lu, author of the Legend trilogy and the The Young Elites series!
- Jordan: What was the greatest piece of writing advice you have received?
- Marie Lu: Best writing advice I’ve gotten: Don’t get bogged down on making your 1st draft perfect. That’s what revisions are for!
- J: Which one of your characters do you relate the most to?
- ML: I relate a lot to Tess from Legend, because she’s basically who I was in high school.
- J: Which character’s POV has been the easiest to get into? Hardest?
- ML: Easiest character POV for me: Day. I feel like I know him the best & his voice came really naturally to me. Hardest: definitely Adelina. Sometimes she makes me shake my head.
- J: Which YA protagonists (from any series) do you think would get along best with your main characters?
- ML: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff’s Kady (ILLUMINAE) would prob get along with Day and June! Wouldn’t inflict Adelina on anyone.
- J: Who are your favorite minor characters to write?
- ML: Fav minor characters to write: Raffaele (TYE), and Kaede (Legend)
- J: Is there a specific trait that one of your characters have that you wish had?
- ML: Yes, I wish I had June’s analytical mind/smarts/ability to not panic under panicky situations.
- J: Which of your covers is your favorite?
- ML: Either Prodigy or Champion‘s covers are my fav: blue’s my fav color, and Champion‘s rose is just so gorgeous!
- J: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- ML: My superpower would be Time Pausing so that I could get so much stuff/sleeping done. A little dorky, yes. BUT SO USEFUL OK
- J: What was the last tv show you binge-watched?
- ML: Last tv show I binge-watched: Sense 8. SO GOOD. Can’t wait for the next season.
Thanks for answering my questions, Marie, during the twitter chat! Be sure to look for The Rose Society in stores now!