Happy New Year! Now watch me fail writing the date as ’15 instead of ’16 for the next several months. Anyway, my first blogaversary will be here this March, and I thought this would be the perfect time to share some blogging goals I have for this year!
- Read 100 books! (This is my annual Goodreads goal, and I hope to make it this year before December 31st rolls by.)
- Read books I already own! (My shelf is overflowing with books I have yet to read. I want to change that this year and read the books I have bought in the past.)
- Keep up on my ARC reviews! (Okay, confession time, I definitely fall behind with e-arcs and want to keep on schedule this year.)
- Blog more consistently! (My blogging schedule was a mess this past semester. Hopefully, now that I have my first college semester under my belt, I will be able to figure out what works for me better and have at least one or two posts a week.)
- Read more often! (Silly goal, I know, but during my first semester, I hardly found time to read for pleasure. I want to change that this year).
- Attend more book events! (I loved the events I went to last year, and I hope I can attend more this year.)
- Continue being apart of awesome Street Teams! (This was definitely a blogging highlight of 2015 and I hope to be apart of even more this year.)
- Make blogging friends! (I’ve started making friends over the last couple months and I want to have more and closer blogging friendships.)
- Comment more often! (Sometimes I will read blog posts and forget to comment. I’m changing that this year by leaving comments on the posts I visit.)
So what do you think? Seems like a lot of goals, but I think I can handle them! What are your blogging and/or reading goals for 2016? I want to know!
Altheasays:January 1, 2016 at 4:49 AM
During the semester, I always set time to read before bed- whether it’s for 20 minutes or a chapter. It makes such a difference! And it also helps your brain unwind. Good luck with all your goals this year 🙂
Jordansays:January 1, 2016 at 6:17 PM
That’s a great tip — I think I’m definitely going to try that out! And thank you! 🙂 Good luck with any goals you have for the new year!
Maishasays:January 2, 2016 at 2:22 PM
I have many of the same goals you have for 2016. I fall really behind on my ARC reviews too! I have the same Goodreads goal as you!! Good luck with all of your goals!!
Lovely post, Jordan! <3
Jordansays:January 2, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Thank you, Maisha! I wish you luck on your 2016 goals as well! 🙂
Shealeasays:January 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
I’m pretty sure we have a lot of similar goals this year. Good luck with yours!!! And have a wonderful year ahead.
Shealea @ that bookshelf bitch
Jordansays:January 4, 2016 at 8:17 AM
Thank you, and good luck with yours as well! Have a happy New Year! 🙂
Ana @ Ana Lovessays:January 3, 2016 at 9:04 PM
All great goals that I share with you (except I’m hoping to read 50 books)!
Jordansays:January 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM
Glad to hear that we share the same goals! Good luck!
Kate@ Read and Dreamsays:January 4, 2016 at 3:07 PM
Hi Jordan! Thank you so much for entering a response on the Commenting challenge…I’m so glad I discovered your blog and will definitely stop by for more! Your goals are really amazing (especially the read 100 books one) and I hope that you achieve them all! Much love <3
Jordansays:January 5, 2016 at 11:07 AM
Aw, thank you! <3 I hope you achieve any goals you have set for 2016 as well!
Avasays:January 5, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Good luck with all your goals! My goal is to read 100 books too. I need to stop requesting eARCs as much. I request WAY too many. I hope you have a wonderful 2016!
I just found your blog from Nori’s Commenting365 Challenge, and it is GORGEOUS! <3
Jordansays:January 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM
Thank you! <3 Good luck with your goals as well! Wishing you a happy 2016!
Erika E. @ The Nocturnal Feysays:January 9, 2016 at 3:36 AM
Ah, I always envy readers who can read up to 100 and above per year. I’m a total slowpoke. </3 Anyway, I can totally relate on most of your goals, especially the 2nd and 4th. Good luck with your goals!
PS, discovered your blog through Nori's list. 🙂 #Commenting365
Jordansays:January 9, 2016 at 12:30 PM
I’m definitely jealous of readers who are able to read so many books to! I was only able to reach 100 books because I counted short stories and novellas towards my goal on Goodreads. Good luck with your goals as well!
kaitlin michellesays:January 21, 2016 at 7:24 PM
I have very similar goals! Good luck on all of them! #commenting365
Jordansays:January 21, 2016 at 8:28 PM
Thank you! Good luck on your goals, too!